is essentially a online browser-based MMORTS game where you create a city, manage your worker, population, and builder. When I heard the name it reminded me of Caesar and did not sound interesting at all, but I had some time to kill so I started playing at www.lekool.com.
The game has a Roman Theme players start with a city and a Town hall (Rectorate) and some resources. The first look and the game seems similar to Envoy or many other Strategy games, but do trust me when I say this the game has quite a few surprises like the colony system, which allows weaker players to pay tribute to a powerful player in order to get protection. As you do Quests and Explore the game becomes self explanatory. Plus there are few good guides in the lekool forum
on how to begin game.
Building tabs Screenshot:
The game is over all well balanced and the player Guide is easy to understand. The tutorial walks newbies through the process of erecting new structures, of upgrading existing ones, and creating jobs. Low level structures can be constructed or upgraded instantly, but higher level ones require the use of premium items to speed up. Luckily, the first few quests provide packages that contain many premium items. You can also gain items via Zodiac ceremony, It requires a Zodiac Goat to Spin the wheels for Zodiac Ceremony. The list of buildings are specific like Rectorate (your Town hall) , Cottage, barracks, Stable, Workshop, warehouse, University , Academy, outpost, temple, plaza and amphitheatre. All buildings have a specific purpose. There are mines, Farms, Quarry and Sawmills which give you resource production boost.
Mines and Jobs:
Zodiac Ceremony Screenshot:
The menu Interface
is easy to understand, there is a 7 day newbie protection but once you upgrade your Rectorate to level 5, the newbie protection will vanish. As with other Strategy games the major part of the game is development and War. You can select a wide variety of heroes, there are Six types of Hero with 255 levels. Heroes with 6 types of Potential appear randomly for you to recruit and capture. They can be hired from amphitheatre or captured from wild. While waiting for buildings to finish, players should send their heroes into the field to claim various wilderness spots. These come in several flavors including Forests, Mountains, Cliffs, Deserts, Lakes, and so on. There are 2 attack options
1) Maraud :
One time resource loot Only
2) Seize :
Gives you one time loot and permanent future production boost
Attack Option Screenshot:
The Sword is Maraud and Flag is Seize option.
The Wilderness range from level 1 to level 10, the higher you attack the better the defense. Raiding them gives you Luxury items like Dyes, Spices, Silk, Diamonds
The troops Consist of the following types which can be trained at Barracks, Stable or Workshop
Triarii or heavy spearmen
Sagittarius or Archer
Principes or heavy infantry
Equites or Cavalries
Speculatore or Scouts
Balliste and Onagers (siege weapons)
There is a League (guild system) in the game where players can join in and help defend or protect each other. The best part of game is even after you are attacked and a city is captured it's not the end of the game but you just tend to Submit to conquer as a colony or tributary. the conqueror and enjoys 20% of all resources generated from that city
The Key features of this game are :
1. Battle Replay: You can simulate the grandeur of past combat in graphical animation and the detailed statistics of the fight in text log. It's like watching a movie for every battle! This is the 1st game who ever has such a feature.
2. Dogfight. Traditional strategic battles involve just you and your opponents. Now, Caesary
allows you to join other players' battle in the middle or have someone else's join your own battle. Any time! (In theory, the entire server's players can jump in one battle in progress!)
3. Six types of Hero with 255 levels. Heroes with 6 types of Potential appear randomly for you to recruit and capture. Your heroes will serve you well if you treat them right. Broaden their Experience (EXP) and develop their Traits on your path to victory!
4. iPod-Touch-like Smooth Interface. Browse World map with mouse drag as if you're scrolling your iPod screen. Transfer and exchange troops by drag-and-drop! No more boring scroll down menu!
5. Personalized Identity. Player (lord) avatar is freely changeable with dozens of images to choose from. League Emblem (league's symbol) is customizable to a degree that it's unlikely you'd see another league using the same set of design as yours.
6. Historical Context. Caesary is committed to recreate the Roman Empire with reference to buildings, quests, items, and the use of tactics! Players get total immersion into the era of Roman glory.
7. Unprecedented Colonization System. Caesary brings forth the original concept of Sovereign-Tributary relationship! As sovereign city lord, one can own as many Tributary cities as their power and diplomatic charm can allow. You are able to take 20% tax rate from each one of your Tributary cities. But watch out! Before you get too comfortable, make sure your dominance won't be compromised by any potential mutiny (War of Independence)!
8. Inter-city Resource Supply Line. Transportation system in Caesary is powerful. You don't wait for resource supply. Supply Line turnaround is 6 minutes away at most. Turn your mind to expand your city. Worry less about running the transportation errands.
The open beta of CAESARY ONLINE is set for release on the f 21st of June, 2010 and players and press are invited to sign up for the test at any of the following links.
Lekool games will be giving out upto 300 gold for early testers and they plan to launch open beta from 21st june, besides there are lots of gold and free stuff from other events. I got 200 Gold just registering account at www.lekool.com
and becoming their fan at facebook.
This game is a must for every RPG/strategy game lover. After playing for a few hours, I got hooked to the game. So people rush to get free gold for easily one of the Best online game ever.
Link : www.lekool.com
Forumlink : http://forum.lekool.com
Side Note: the Egyptian girl in Guide is really Hot