Quick Jump
  • General Forums
  • Hot Game Forums
  • Dragon's Call

/www.retrosjordanshoesforsale.com

Identity:High Mercenary A

Level:

Quote Reply Delete Modify Poster 2018-04-14 20:55:09
BEIJING Air Max Mens Clearance , Dec. 22 (Xinhua) -- Li Na wasn't just a Chinese trailblazer, she was one of the best players ever to play the sport, but injuries caught up with her in 2014 and she had to say farewell, leaving a big gap in Chinese tennis.

It was one of the most surprising retirements in women's tennis. Despite the age of 32, Li was truly in the prime of her career - earlier in the year she had not only captured her second Grand Slam title at the Australian Open, she ascended to No. 2 in the world, only Serena Williams keeping her from world No. 1.

Although Li suffered early exits at the French Open and Wimbledon Air Max Mens Sale , the Chinese still headed into the summer hardcourt season at that world No. 2 ranking, hot on Williams' heels.

But after announcing she wouldn't be able to play the whole summer hardcourt season due to a knee injury, rumors started swirling.

On September 19, just a few days from her hometown Wuhan making its WTA debut, she announced retirement in an open letter.

Li said: "After four knee surgeries and hundreds of shots injected into my knee weekly to alleviate swelling and pain, my body is begging me to stop the pounding. My previous three surgeries were on my right knee. My most recent knee surgery took place this July and was on my left knee. After a few weeks of post-surgery recovery, I tried to go through all the necessary steps to get back on the court. While I've come back from surgery in the past Air Max Mens Shoes , this time it felt different."

"As hard as I tried to get back to being 100%, my body kept telling me that, at 32, I will not be able to compete at the top level ever again. The sport is just too competitive, too good, to not be 100%."

Li left a legacy, not just for China Air Max Mens , but for Asia as well. She was the highest-ranked Asian player in tennis history, male or female, Japan's Kimiko Date-Krumm holding the previous record of No. 4. She was also the first player from Asia, male or female, to win a Grand Slam title, doing it twice at the 2011 French Open and 2014 Australian Open. And she also gives hope to all of those players grinding it out year after year with Grand Slam dreams - she was the best late bloomer in the Open Era, winning her first two majors at age 29 and 31.

"Li Na is China's first Grand Slam singles winner Cheap Nike Air Max Mens , and is definitely instrumental in expanding the game in China, where tennis participation doubled in the past five years," said Zhang Qi, former Chinese national women's tennis team coach.

"When the sport is gaining root in China, it lost its biggest icon, I think it's not good for Chinese succession planning in tennis. The country needs a new star," Zhang added.

After Li's exit Nike Air Max Mens White , Peng Shuai, this year's US Open semifinalist, became China's top female player, ranked 21st in the world, and Peng is 28 years old. There are just three other in top 100, namely Zhang Shuai (61), Zheng Jie (91) and Zheng Saisai (100). And in men's part Nike Air Max Mens Online , the best Chinese player is Zhang Ze, who is ranked at 184 in the world.

"I don't think we can have a big star like Li Na in the next few years, maybe we have to wait for 10 years. Li is talented and hard working, the young guns just need to learn so many things from these trailblazers," said Zhang, who is now guiding central China's Henan provincial tennis team.

There're some upbeat forecasts. "The sport has become more and more lucrative and players will go hard for it, so it is hotly contested than before Nike Air Max Mens Outlet , now you can see the top 10 players are coming from 10 different countries or regions," said Wang Peng, the current Chinese national women's tennis team coach.

"Although Li can't be duplicated, we are able to have more Chinese players in top 50 in the next few years and we're working on it," Wang added.

PHNOM PENH, Sept. 6 (Xinhua) -- Cambodia's construction sector had attracted a total investment of 7.2 billion U.S. dollars in the first eight months of 2016, up 404 percent compared to the same period last year, said a government report on Tuesday.

The report released by the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction (MLMUPC) showed that the kingdom had provided licenses to 1,753 construction projects during the January-August period this year.

However, in August alone, the investment in construction projects declined to 109 million U.S. dollars, a 79-percent drop from 531 million U.S. dollars in August last year, it said.

Construction projects included condominiums, residential units, shopping malls, commercial buildings, hotels and factories.

MLMUPC's Undersecretary of State Lao Tip Seiha said that from 2000 to August 2016, foreign investors had ventured into 284 construction projects worth 4.28 billion U.S. dollars.

"China is ranked No. 1, followed by South Korea and Japan, among foreign investors from 18 countries and regions," he said in the report.

Construction is one of the four pillars supporting the economy.

To date, the Southeast Asian nation has 724 high-rise buildings and 146 locations of new towns and residential complexes, the report said, adding that most of them are situated in the capital Phnom Penh.

HO CHI MINH CITY, March 26 (Xinhua) -- At least three soldiers were injured when a Vietnamese military helicopter MI-8 fell down from the height of 10 meters over the runway on Phu Quy island in central Binh Thuan province, local VNExpress reported Thursday.
A red handbag inspired by the brand's classic trunks. Louis Vuitton's ankle boots.
When French designer Nicolas Ghesquiere presented his first ready-to-wear collection Series 1 for Louis Vuitton at the Cour Carree du Louvre in Paris in March Nike Air Max Mens Clearance , each of the 1,200 guests at the show were given a letter from the designer.

"Today is a new day, a big day," Ghesquiere says in the letter. "You are about to witness my first show for Louis Vui.

Quick Reply : /www.retrosjordanshoesforsale.com

Not a BBGsiter?Register here?

I need Forum FAQs

I need Forum Rules

Hottest Topics